An excerpt from Adam Gnade's The Do-It-Yourself Guide To Fighting The Big Motherfuckin Sad.
A ROUGH GUIDE TO SURVIVING THE UNSURVIVABLE, PART 2
1) Your heart needs to race every day or else you go stagnant.
2) Feel the earth beneath your feet. Let the concrete crumble.
3) We all need a place to be alone. Stick with crowds too often and you'll lose sight of yourself.
4) Once you stop laughing it's all over.
5) Obey desire.
6) The greatest thing you can say is this: "I'm still alive."
7) One day we'll all be dead and there's nothing worse than that. It gets hard and it gets sad. Push through.