June 29, 2010

BEST MINDS


Hello!
I hope everyone is having a great start to the summer. I'm waiting for the exact moment when the sky opens up and rain floods the entirety of Beverly.

Lately I've been thinking about life after Montserrat... It's exciting and terrifying at the same time. I NEED TO STAY CONNECTED TO MONTSERRAT, MY FRIENDS, MY ART, ART IN GENERAl, AND REMEMBERING WHERE I COME FROM.

I am slowly putting together ideas for an upcoming show which will be held at my apartment AUG. 1, 2010. Please Please Please contact me ssantarsiero@montserrat.edu if this appeals to you in any way.

*BEST MINDS SHOW WILL BE HELD AUG. 1, 2010
*It will be held at 22 Prospect St. Beverly Mass
*Everyone is welcomed and encouraged to submit a work of choice
*I have a lovely backyard for BBQ...beer, good food,good friends
*Live music and performances welcomed!
*I would like to host a group of local writers and poets to perform
*All in all this is a celebration of youth, summer, and making art for arts sake.

But most importantly this event is in honor of American Poet, Allen Ginsberg.

The title of this event, BEST MINDS, came about from Allen Ginsberg's poem, Howl.

"I SAW THE BEST MINDS OF MY GENERATION DESTROYED BY MADNESS..."


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that there should be a collective reading of "Howl" by everyone attending.

Unknown said...

I completely agree.

Erik Lomen said...

Allen Ginsberg...im such a homo

Unknown said...

ALLEN GINSBERG.

All spelling errors fixed!

Luke said...

This is the only video i can find with the song in it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3albhTp41Y

can't wait!